Look and Feel Cool in Warm Weather
August 29, 2017
The heat of the summer sun can make you uncomfortable. Here are some helpful tips to dress cool and feel cool in warm summer weather.
- Select natural fiber fabrics like linen and cotton as these fabrics are good at moisture absorption and are breathable.
- Avoid fabrics that trap heat, such as polyester and nylon.
- Avoid wearing an athletic top or a tank top under a dress shirt. Instead opt for a t-shirt which can help absorb moisture from perspiration. With a t-shirt, your dress shirt is protected against perspiration stains and it feels cool against the skin.
- Select light colors for summer. Lighter colors help reflect the rays of the sun.
- Use a hat to protect yourself from overexposure to the sun’s heat and to prevent sun stroke.
- Use antiperspirants and deodorants to keep sweat at a minimum. Spritz on a light cologne scent to smell fresh.
- Choose sandals or lighter shoes. Summer may be a time to not wear any socks at all.